Last week’s new stories on StateImpact Texas looked at fracking, the drought and a fire at a Houston refinery:
- Fracking Report Reverberates in Texas: A report on fracking and water contamination from the Environmental Protection Agency sent shockwaves through the industry. What does it mean for drilling in Texas?
- How the Natural Gas Industry is Responding to the EPA Fracking Contamination Report: We look at the various ways industry is dealing with the link between fracking and water contamination.
- Things We Lost in the Drought: An accounting of the many things the drought has taken a toll on this year: pecans, oysters and even burgers.
- Fire and Explosions at Houston Refinery: A report on a fire at the Pasadena Refining System refinery in a suburb of Houston.
- Regulating the Price of Power in Texas’ Deregulated Market: Texas regulators may raise caps on energy prices, letting big power generating companies make more money during times of enormous demand.