Six StateImpact Reports Worth Another Listen
StateImpact launched in July, and has been covering Pennsylvania energy issues ever since. Here are six radio reports we filed in 2011 that are worth a second listen.
- Drilling Boom’s Strain On Counties Leads To Calls For Impact Fee: StateImpact reported 911 calls are up in 7 of Pennsylvania’s top ten drilling counties, and emergency services are stretched.
- Pipeline Protest: The New Battleground Over Gas Drilling? Drilling opponents can’t stop the wells, so they’re doing their best to stop the pipelines.
- Spinning Gas Into Marble: Our look at one of the many Pennsylvania companies profiting off the Marcellus Shale gas rush.
- Can Pennsylvania’s Forests Survive Additional Marcellus Shale Drilling? Gas extraction in state forests is generating hundreds of millions of dollars for Pennsylvania, but conservationists worry the payout comes with a steep cost.
- Pennsylvania Firefighters Prepare For The Big One: How first responders are prepping for emergencies at drilling sites.
- Research on Marcellus Drilling Hampered By Lack of Data, Lack of Funding, and Concerns of Bias: the struggle to fund impartial research of natural gas drilling.
Thanks for listening and reading this year. We’ll have much more for you in 2012.