It’s that time again! A time when we at StateImpact sit back and sift through the crowd’s collective wisdom to bring you the Top 5 Must Read Posts of the week. And we’ve got a rather diverse roundup this week, spanning fishing and politics, indie booksellers and foreclosure funds. Here, ready for your perusal, is the Essential StateImpact:
- Staying Afloat: One NH Fisherman’s Struggle To Keep Fishing: Our top post of the week breaks down why the feds changed groundfishing regulations, and how those changes are challenging a long-time fisherman’s livelihood. And, it’s got a slideshow.
- NH Bookstore Flips The Script On Struggling Indie Bookseller Narrative: A chance set of comments by a prominent developer about his latest pet project puts a local bookstore outside a long-time national trend.
- Economy Dominates GOP And Democratic Campaign Events In NH: One day, two political parties, and two very different campaign appearances. We compare what Mitt Romney and Obama proxy Lilly Ledbetter said on the stump.
- Five Reasons Why Angel Investors (Think “Shark Tank”) Matter To The Economy: This post has legs! We lift the curtain on this obscure corner of the marketplace.
- NH Plays Waiting Game For Foreclosure Settlement Money: New Hampshire has a healthy slice of a massive settlement with the big banks coming. But there’s a lot of work to be done before the state–or foreclosed families–see a penny of it.