The Idaho Department of Labor has awarded 260 workforce development training grants since the program’s inception in 1996. Some of those contracts went to the same companies.
Grants for training workers range from a few thousand dollars to a few million dollars.
- 205 businesses have received workforce training grants since 1996
- The planned number of new employees totals 26,000
- The average training cost per employee is $2,400 Continue Reading →
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter’s budget staff will spend the first few days of the legislative session explaining its budget proposal to lawmakers. Division of Financial Management Administrator Wayne Hammon will officially start that work tomorrow. Hammon met with reporters today to outline the administration’s key budget requests.
Here are some important points:
- Governor Otter is proposing a $2.6 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2013, that’s up more than $126 million from the budget lawmakers approved in 2012
- $45 million in tax cuts
- $31 million on K-12 education, the department requested $69 million Continue Reading →
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter is delivering his annual State of the State Address right now to a joint session of the Idaho Legislature. You can watch the speech live here and follow along with a copy of the speech. We’ve highlighted some important passages and included more detail.