StateImpact Idaho picked up 12 local and regional journalism awards over the weekend. At the risk of being too boastful, we wanted to share these accolades with you.
At the annual Idaho Press Club awards we took home six 1st place prizes, two 2nd place, and one 3rd place.
- Website, Special Purpose – Radio: 1st Emilie Ritter Saunders, Molly Messick — “StateImpact Idaho: Bringing the Economy Home”
- Best Web Graphics: 1st Emilie Ritter Saunders — “Mapping Migration: Who Moves to Idaho“
- Best Online News or Feature Story: 2nd Emilie Ritter Saunders — “Do Business Incentives Create Jobs? Idaho Is One Of 13 States In The Dark“
- Best Multimedia reporting: 1st Emilie Ritter Saunders — “Why Idaho’s Doctor Shortage Won’t Be Easy to Solve“
- Best Use of Interactivity: 1st Emilie Ritter Saunders, Molly Messick — “Map and Tables: See Who is Spending For and Against Idaho’s Props 1,2,3“
- General News – Radio: 3rd Emilie Ritter Saunders — “Why One Idaho Company Is Growing Its Own Workforce“
- Spot News Report – Radio: 1st Molly Messick — “Former Micron CEO Appleton Leaves His Mark On Idaho, Tech World“
- Watchdog/Investigative Report – Radio: 1st Molly Messick — “Travel Loans Jeopardize Success For Idaho Refugees“
- Serious Feature Report – Radio: 2nd Molly Messick “Tiny Idaho Town Ponies Up, But Its School Still Suffers“
StateImpact Idaho was awarded three prizes at the annual northwest region’s Society of Professional Journalists banquet. The SPJ awards are judged regionally among news outlets in Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington, and Alaska.
- Online, Business: 2nd place Molly Messick — “A Rancher, A Logger, And Economic Fate In Rural Idaho“
- Radio, Spot News: 2nd place, Molly Messick — “Former Micron CEO Appleton Leaves His Mark On Idaho, Tech World”
- Radio, General News Reporting: 1st place, Molly Messick — “A Rancher, A Logger, And Economic Fate In Rural Idaho“