In this 28-minute webinar, StateImpact Indiana reporter Kyle Stokes walks you through some Excel basics, including:
- using cell references!
- copying formulas down a column!
- calculating sum and difference!
- and calculating rate of change!
To follow along, download the data here.
And for quick reference, here is a sampling of some of our favorite Excel formulas for journalists, below: Continue reading
Let StateImpact Reporter Molly Bloom lead you through some basics of using Excel, including:
- Importing data from txt and csv files!
- Sorting and filtering data!
- and Creating easy and super-powerful pivot tables for data analysis and organization!
To experiment with the files used in this video:
- Report Card data: Go here and click on File –> Download as –> Microsoft Excel.
- Enrollment data is here.
- School levy data is here.