If you make use of an image from another source in one of your posts, it’s standard practice to link the image on your post back to the source page you found the image on. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Download the image from source page to your desktop.
- Upload the image to your post using the WordPress image uploader tool.
- Click the edit button under the image in the WordPress uploader tool to scale and/or crop the image to a size that matches one of the recommended image proportions
- Add credit and caption information
- Cut and paste URL from source page of image into Link URL
- Select photo alignment
- Insert into post
Finally, please avoid the Add Media File From URL tab (image attached) when grabbing images from external sites. This feature will add an image to your post from another location, but the image file will still be served from the other location. Consequently, if the source site is down or moves the image, we have no way of recovering the file.