The Radio Television Digital News Association released its list of winners for the Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards today. And StateImpact’s work was all over it.
Our teams in Florida, Idaho, Indiana and Pennsylvania won a total of seven regional Murrows for their work in 2012.
Here’s the full StateImpact list:
- StateImpact Florida’s “13th Grade” reports, a series on the remedial education crisis, won for investigative reporting in Region 13.
- StateImpact Idaho’s Molly Messick won the best writing award in Region 1 for her piece on the diverging economic fates of loggers and ranchers in rural Idaho.
- StateImpact Idaho won in the hard news reporting category in Region 1 for Emilie Ritter Saunders’ work on Idaho’s doctor shortage.
- StateImpact Indiana’s “Progress Report” won in the news documentary category for Region 7.
- StateImpact Pennsylvania won both of Region 11′s awards in investigative reporting for radio. That includes an award for Scott Detrow’s work on abandoned wells and Susan Phillips’ examination of a rule that requires doctors to keep quiet about what they know about chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing.
- StateImpact Pennsylvania also won in the news series category of Region 11 for several Scott Detrow stories related to the impact of Pennsylvania’s natural gas boom.