School really does come earlier every year–or at least this year–if you live in one of the Ohio school districts that have moved their school start dates up a week or two.
Dublin, Hamilton City, Olentangy and Pickerington are among the districts starting earlier this year. Of course, those districts have moved the last day of school earlier too.
But most of the state’s largest districts are starting about the same time this year as last.
Here are the start dates for some of Ohio’s largest school districts and charter schools:
- Akron: Wednesday, Aug. 28
- Canton City: Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Cincinnati: Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Cleveland: Monday, Aug. 19
- Columbus: Wednesday, Aug. 21 (for students at year-round schools)
- Dayton: Thursday, Aug. 15
- Dublin: Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Electronic Classroom Of Tomorrow: Friday, Aug. 23
- Fairfield City: Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Hamilton City: Tuesday, Aug. 13
- Hilliard: Tuesday, Aug. 20
- Lakota (Butler County): Thursday, Aug. 22
- Mason: Wednesday, Aug. 21
- Ohio Virtual Academy: Monday, Aug. 26
- Olentangy: Wednesday, Aug. 14
- Parma: Tuesday, Aug. 27
- Pickerington: Monday, Aug. 19
- South-Western: Wednesday, Aug. 21 (for grades 4-12)
- Toledo: Tuesday, Aug. 27
- Westerville: Wednesday, Aug. 14
In some districts, separate schedules apply for pre-K and kindergarten students.