The New Philadelphia Times-Reporter reports that a local school board is moving to fire a sixth-grade teacher who did the following things, according to an independent state investigator:
- Disregarded his principal’s directives not to use his cellphone during instruction time;
- Repeatedly called a student derogatory names in front of classmates;
- Three times entered erroneous grades for a student;
- Engaged in an angry, boisterous, inappropriate encounter in a public setting;
- Made an offensive gesture at the superintendent;
- Answered questions in the investigation with untruthful responses.
The teacher told the Time-Reporter the claims are not true and/or many of his alleged actions were taken out of context.
He plans to sue the district.