Earthquakes, fracking and solar power are all hot topics on StateImpact Texas these days. In case you missed any of them, here are our top five stories published in the last week:
- What We Know About Fracking Activity and the Ohio Earthquake: A 4.0-magnitude earthquake struck Youngstown, Ohio on New Year’s Eve, the eleventh quake since March. We examine how the event is connected to fracking fluid disposal wells.
- What You Need to Know About Earthquakes and Fracking: A few days after the quake, a clearer picture emerged of why it occurred and what can be done to prevent more quakes.
- Texas Professor Has Bright Ideas for Solar Power: A new breakthrough on solar technology from a UT professor may mean a sunnier outlook for the future.
- A Look to the Future at Texas’ Largest Solar Farm: Politicians, green energy advocates and industry representatives are hoping a new solar farm will showcase the promise of renewable energy after a turbulent year for the solar industry.
- When Wells Blow Out in Pennsylvania, Texans Step In: In a joint report with StateImpact Pennsylvania, we look at how well wranglers from Texas are busy fighting blowouts during a drilling surge in Pennsylvania.