Three weeks ago, Gov. John Kasich appointed a guy named Stanley Jackson to the state Board of Education. Today, we finally got a copy of his resume.
In the weeks after his appointment, the governor’s office said it did not have a copy of Jackson’s resume and noted that there’s no requirement that state board appointees provide them. However, it is common for governors to obtain resumes of appointees.
Jackson took his seat with the state board today (at its annual retreat) and Board Relations Director J.C. Benton sent us a copy of Jackson’s resume.
- Why did we want to see Jackson’s resume? Because we believe the public deserves to know the work experience and educational background of public board members. We’re not talking boxers or briefs here, but the kinds of things you’d ask of anyone applying for a job or running for office.
- Why did it take three weeks to get a copy? We have no idea. A spokesman for the governor’s office repeatedly said the office did not have a copy. Benton told us Friday he didn’t have a copy yet either. After a brief phone conversation in June, Jackson himself declined to speak with StateImpact.
- What is Jackson’s educational background? Under education, he lists “The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH–Sociology major and The Ohio State University Buckeye Football Quarterback” in addition to his high school diploma.
- What is Jackson’s work experience? He currently works as a sports radio commentator and as founder of an organization called “Integrated American Media.” The Ohio Secretary of State doesn’t list a business by that exact name, but the organization is described in Jackson’s bio for a speaking engagement as a “television network which provides Christian conservative viewpoints for minority communities.” Until last month, Jackson also led a nonprofit that was working towards opening a charter school in Ohio.
Here is an excerpt of Jackson’s resume, as provided by state Board of Education staff. Please note that the resume was emailed to us without formatting marks. We have added line returns and bold headings for easier reading. Any formatting errors are ours.
To obtain a position that will utilize my knowledge and skills while contributing to the progression and improvement of your company.
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH–Sociology major
The Ohio State University Buckeye Football Quarterback
Paterson Catholic High School, Paterson, NJ–Diploma
2010 to present
–Founder “Integrated American Media”
2010 to 2012
–Founder “Masters Preparatory Academy” Single Gender Charter School for minority males”
2007 to present 610 WTVN
–Radio Analyst on “Best Buckeye Coverage”
–Creator and Host of show named “Jacksonville”
2007 to 2011 Guardian Television Network
–Executive Vice President Human Resources-Business Department,
– General Manager-Television Department
–General Sales Manager-Television Department.
2006 to 2007 Commercial Savings Bank
–Business Development Officer, Exceeded all loan goals- 6 million in 6 months.
2000 to 2006 The Lord’s Ranch, Warm Springs, AR
–Advisor/Supervisor– Developed interactive programs for faculty and residents
1999 Columbus Parks and Recreation Department, Columbus, OH
–Program creator/ supervisor
1989 to 1993 Parks and Recreation of Paterson, Paterson, NJ
PROFESSIONAL PLAYING EXPERIENCE
March 2007 to 2010 Marion Mayhem, Continental Indoor Football League, Marion, OH Professional Football—Quarterback
1995 to 2005 Toronto Argonauts/Montreal Alouettes/Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Canadian Football League, Canada Professional Football—Quarterback
1998 Seattle Seahawks, National Football League, Seattle, WA
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Varsity Football—Team Captain
Majority of One—President
Omega Psi Phi (President)
Once Named Big Ten Player of the Week
1997 Captain of Intercollegiate Varsity Football Team, The Ohio State University
Once Named ABC Player of the Week
Played Nine Season of Professional Football
Three-Time Professional Football Team Captain
Will be provided upon request