Coming this week:
- Christian Home Educators of Ohio Annual Convention – Thursday through Saturday in Akron. Includes workshops on selecting curriculum materials, teaching financial literacy and Biblical economics, fighting the culture war, and discovering America as “a nation founded by Riflemen.”
- School Employees Retirement System – Trustees meet Thursday and Friday in Columbus. On the agenda: designating a chief investment officer, presentation of 2013 budget, and other hot, hot pension fund action.
- Fashion School Prospective Day at Kent State University – Thursday in Kent. Includes a visit to the Fashion Library.
- Summer Ohio Graduation Test administration – Monday through July 1. Offering the OGT in the summer is optional for districts and participating schools and districts do not have to offer all five tests.
- Speaking of which, StateImpact Ohio reporter Ida Lieszkovszky will be visiting college campuses to talk to students about campus-based debit cards. Some Members of Congress want a federal investigation into the cards’ fees and penalties. Send Ida an email or tweet her if you’re a student with a campus-based debit card and want to talk.