Teachers work around 195 days a year in their schools. The rest of the year they spend puttering around the house or loafing at the lake or… working.
A few options from the help-wanted ads and other sources for those taking the third route:
- Teach summer school or in a summer enrichment program. $12/hour plus benefits in one instance. And nabbing a summer-school position is sometimes a perk of seniority.
- Drive an ice-delivery truck. “Great summer job for teachers, coaches, fireman [sic].”
- Teach at a sports camp. “Using our proven fun, ‘story time with a soccer ball’ approach we take creative play to a whole new level and introduce physical activity to young children in an amazing way.”
- Prepare to teach English in the Abu Dhabi public schools. “Participate in education reform in the Middle East.”
- Learn how to turn your Ohio classroom into a “richly literate reading and writing workshop.”
Teachers, StateImpact Ohio wants to know: How are you spending your summer? Tell us in the comments below or email email@example.com.