It’s Friday afternoon, and a chance to catch up on any StateImpact Ohio stories you missed during the week. Here’s a roundup of our top five Ohio education posts for the past week:
- Is the International Baccalaureate Program Anti-American?
- Highest and Lowest Spending Districts are Both Affluent, ExcellentThe Ohio district with the highest per-student spending and the district with the lowest per-student spending are both affluent suburbs with “excellent” schools.
- How the Ohio Department of Education Hopes to Avoid Another Charter School Sponsorship Debacle The last time they tried this, it didn’t end well.
- Read White Hat’s Applications to Open New Ohio Charter Schools All the applications for new Department of Education-sponsored schools are from White Hat Management.
- New Ohio School Funding Formula Likely Delayed Until 2013 Ahead: a year of hearings on school finance.
- Community College Gears Up Shale Drilling Training Program Community colleges are helping Midwest residents train for the growing natural gas drilling industry.