Happy Friday! (Or should we say, “Happy Mega Millions Drawing Day?”) At any rate, as you count down the hours to the end of the workday and the start of the weekend, we’re happy to present you with our weekly round up of economy-flavored brain food:
- Why The Mega Millions Jackpot Is Extra-Important For New Hampshire: The repost of our popular “Losing The Lotto” series offers some context for this week’s Mega Millions craze.
- Latest Links: 800 Jobs Up For Grabs At Merrimack Outlets Job Fair, Legislature Considers Expanding Energy Subsidies: The other big news of the day–800 jobs on offer at a job fair in Merrimack–also captured your clicks.
- Executive Council Mulls Massive Medicaid Contract: NHPR’s Dan Gorenstein delves into the difficult questions Executive Councilors face as they prepare to vote on the largest contract in state history.
- Fairpoint Fees Could Go To Customers…Or Back To Fairpoint: We present the highlights of a piece from TheLobbyNH.com looking at how Fairpoint wants to be allowed to reinvest fees for poor service into its broadband network.
- NH Imports 100 Jobs From China: More good news on the jobs (and manufacturing) front, as Watts Water Technologies breaks ground in Franklin.