UNF’s 2011 freshman class came in with a grade point average of 3.84 and an average SAT score of 1209. All UNF freshmen are now required to live and dine on campus. The university says research shows students who study and live on campus perform better academically and are more connected to the school.
The university boasts a new $20 million Student Wellness Complex, a state-of-the-art fitness and sports-learning center. Sports teams are the UNF Ospreys.
- Known for: Campus is just minutes away from Jacksonville Beach. The Spinnaker, UNF’s weekly newspaper, won the 2010 Pacemaker award, often referred to as the Pulitzer Prize for college journalism.
- Cost: Tuition for 2011 (30 credit hours) – in state $4,984, out-of-state $19,015
- Class size: Average class size is 32. Faculty to student ratio is 1:20.
- Student facts: Total student enrollment tops 16,000. Female to male ratio is 56:44. Minorities make up 27% of students.
- Fun fact: UNF was ranked in the top 100 “Coolest Schools” by Sierra magazine for its “green” endeavors on campus. More than 900 four-year colleges and universities were queried for the survey by the magazine.