StateImpact Florida is in good company as finalists for two Online News Association awards.
No Choice: Florida Charter Schools Failing to Serve Students with Disabilities has been nominated for Innovative Investigative Journalism.
Our investigation revealed 86 percent of Florida charter schools don’t enroll any students with severe disabilities — like autism and cerebral palsy — compared to 50 percent of traditional public schools.
And our entire StateImpact network is a finalist for Explanatory Reporting, along with the New York Times, The Guardian and the Toronto Star.
The Explanatory Reporting nomination covers all eight of NPR’s StateImpact states.
- StateImpact Florida Putting Education Reform to the Test
- StateImpact Idaho Bringing the Economy Home
- StateImpact Indiana Education, From the Capitol to the Classroom
- StateImpact New Hampshire, Examining Business and the Economy
- StateImpact Ohio Eye on Education
- StateImpact Oklahoma The Economy at Work: Policy to People
- StateImpact Pennsylvania Energy. Environment. Economy.
- StateImpact Texas Reporting on Power, Policy and the Planet
Winners will be announced September 22 at ONA12 in San Francisco.